Safety of all club participants and guests has always been the top priority each and every time we get together. From establishing the "points down" rule at the outset to ensuring that everyone maintains a safe distance from active fencers, the environment at Tropical Knights Fencing (TKF) is fun but that does not mean that we forgo safety.
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has necessitated some new requirements to ensure that all guests, fencers, friends, and family are as kept as safe and as healthy as possible.
These policies were instituted due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. These policies are designed to maximize the safety of our participants and guests.
- Do NOT attend TKF if you are not feeling well, have been sick recently, or have been in close contact recently (e.g. within the past 14 days) with anyone who has been sick or has not been feeling well. If you have a fever, cough, headache, chills, or otherwise do not feel well, do not attend TKF.
- TKF can no longer loan or allow anyone to borrow fencing equipment, e.g. gloves, weapon, jackets, masks. All participants MUST provide their own personal fencing equipment to include: weapon, glove, jacket, chest protector (fabric, foam, or plastic), mask, (optional) mask insert. Fencing knickers are not required, but sufficient bottom/leg-wear is necessary. Proper shoes (not running shoes, athletic shoes are fine, fencing shoes are not necessary) are required.
- Face coverings are recommended when not fencing and for guests (non-fencers). At minimum, the face covering should be a two-layer cloth mask or surgical mask. Fencers can opt to wear face coverings.
- Face coverings or inside mask lower mask cloth inserts are recommended for active fencers.
- TKF practices, endorses, and enforces "safe-sport" participation. TKF is not liable or responsible for anyone's health or safety in regards to the free-will voluntary attendance and participation of the club.
- All local city, county, and state ordinances and laws will be followed at all times.
- TKF recommends following CDC guidelines which can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- TKF will be following the COVID-19 protocols established by the US Fencing Association for mask and vaccination as allowed by local and state ordinances. https://www.usafencing.org/coronavirus
The necessity of these requirements are in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and are designed to keep everyone safe after the club is allowed to reopen. Thank you for your cooperation.